Q: What happens when I start service?
New heating oil accounts are set up on an automatic delivery schedule or on a will-call basis. The estimated date of your first delivery will be given at the time you establish service.
Q: I am on automatic delivery, what does this mean?
With automatic delivery, heating oil deliveries are based on the “degree day” system. With this advanced program we are able to dispatch an oil delivery when your tank level reaches approximately ¼.
Q: I am on will call delivery, what does this mean?
If you are set up as a will call-customer, it is your responsibility to call us when the tank gauge reads ¼. Please allow a minimum of 3 days for delivery, excluding weekends and holidays. We encourage you to order 150 gallons or more at a time. You may also order online!
Q: How do I read my Heating oil gauge?
A heating oil gauge is installed on most above ground and basement tanks. When the gauge is down to ¼ it is time for a delivery. If you have an underground tank or your tank does not have a gauge it is highly recommended that your account is set on automatic delivery to avoid running out of oil during the cold winter months.
Q: What do I do if I run out of oil?
Valley Energy wants our customers to enjoy the warm benefits of heating oil. With automatic deliveries we can guarantee that our customers will not have to worry about running out of oil.
If you are a will-call customer and have run out, your furnace will require a visit from one of our service technicians and there is a $50 Prime & Start Fee for this. We recommend you call us when the gauge reads no less than ¼, as automatic customers are prioritized over will-call customers.
Q: Who do I call to service my boiler or furnace?
Call Valley Energy! We have a knowledgeable, professional team that can keep your furnace running in top condition. We offer cleaning specials that run from March through September. We highly recommend a tune up after every heating season. Maintaining an annual tune-up schedule will prevent avoidable repairs and help provide cost-saving furnace efficiency.
Q: I’m moving. What do I do?
Please let us know in advance when you’d like to cease deliveries. This is especially important if you are on an automatic delivery schedule. You may be asked to put your account closing in writing in the mail or at our office. Any top-off deliveries must be paid for at the time of delivery.
Q: How will I be billed?
You will be mailed an invoice following each delivery. A copy of the delivery ticket will be left for your records at the time of delivery. Finance charges will be applied on balances that are unpaid after 30 days from the date of delivery or service.
Q: What are my different payment options?
Upon credit approval, payments are due within 30 days of delivery date. Payments can be made at our office, online, by mail, or to the driver when a delivery is made. SmartPay plan is also available with approved credit and automatic delivery.
- SmartPay: Based on a full year of usage, this plan allows you to have a set monthly payment for 11 consecutive months. The twelfth month is a settlement month, in which any remaining balance would need to be paid in full.
- Visa, MC, AMEX, or Discover: For your convenience, we accept these major credit cards.
Q: Are there any other service fees or termination policies I should know?
- Service Fees: A service fee will be assessed to your account for a returned check.
- Finance Charge: A finance charge will be assessed to your account for any balance that remains past due for 30 days or more.
- Regulatory Fee: A small charge is added to each delivery. This charge assists Valley Energy in complying with state and federal regulations.
- Service Termination: Valley Energy may stop service for any of the following reasons with or without prior notice:
- If Valley Energy personnel find hazardous conditions
- Any account that may become past due is subject to termination of automatic fuel delivery WITHOUT NOTICE until the account balance is paid in full.
- If an account remains past due, collection notices will be sent to the customer’s address. If there is no response to the past due notice, we may interrupt service for nonpayment.
- Extra Delivery Charges will be applied to weekends, holidays or after hour deliveries.
- A prime and start fee will be charged if a driver or technician needs to restart your oil burner. (This also applies to run outs due to past due balances.)
Q: Where can I learn more about oil heating?
Visit www.oilheatamerica.com for helpful tips or call our office 540-338-6457.